Who Is She?
Louise Roe is a British style queen known around the world. She is a television presenter, model, and fashion journalist. Her website, (LouiseRoe.com) features her personal advice, DIY projects, and inspiration that she lives by. While Louise is an incredible, powerful, and independent woman, we are really here to talk about one thing that has been driving everyone crazy! Her skin! It’s flawless! We’re here to uncover the secrets for you so that we can all strive for that perfect Louise Roe complexion!
Aside from a healthy diet and an impressive hygiene routine, Louise Roe takes supplements each day to keep her skin youthful and glowing. When talking about her complexion, Louise credits most of it on her lifestyle, but supplements can never hurt!
Vitamin E is a nutrient and fat soluble antioxidant with a long list of benefits. When it comes to our skin, vitamin E is often used in oil form to keep skin looking and feeling healthy and youthful. Vitamin E oil is a nutrient for our skin. We need it! It works by blocking free radicals from the body which play a massive role in the aging process – something we’re looking to fight! Fighting off free radicals helps reduce wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin. It also treats wrinkles if they have already occurred. This is because vitamin E oil supports new skin cell growth and speeds up cell regeneration.
Vitamin E can be taken in many ways and it is found in many skin products such as creams, lotions, sunscreens, and skin brighteners. Depending on the part of your skin you are looking to treat, the application and form can differ. However, according to most experts, applying vitamin E oil topically always promotes the best results for treating wrinkles, brown spots, dry and cracked cuticles, rough skin, and dry lips.
Vitamin E Benefits Include…
- Nourishes skin
- Prevents against toxins
- Treats stretch marks
- Lightens scars
- Cures muscle spasms
- Promotes anti aging and skin rejuvenation
- Moisturizes skin
- Treats dark spots and circles
- Treats sunburns
- Cleans skin by working as cleansing agent
- Treats chapped lips
- Promotes healthy and strong hair
Vitamin C is an absolutely crucial molecule when it comes to skin health. Vitamin C, also referred to an ascorbic acid, plays a huge role in collagen synthesis which promotes many health benefits. When vitamin C is applied to the skin topically it can promote collagen formation, mitigate the effects of free radicals, and help maintain youthful and healthy skin! We really love vitamin C and can 100% understand why Louise Roe swears by it!
Side note – Vitamin E oil works best when it is combined with another antioxidant such as vitamin C. Now you have no excuses!
Vitamin C Benefits Include…
- Promotes healthy and youthful skin
- Promotes collagen production
- Neutralizes free radicals to protect against toxins
- Treats and helps avoid wrinkles
Secret Skin Brightening Smoothie:
Now we know a smoothie isn’t a supplement – but this secret smoothie that Louise makes contains all of right vitamins and nutrients to get that perfect, baby skin complexion! In an interview with Well To Do London, Louise shared her favorite smoothie recipe. She explained that she makes it about four times a week and that it makes a huge difference to her skin brightness as well as her energy levels!
Most of these ingredients can be found at your local health store and while they are all wonderful – Louise explained that as long as you have at least four of them in your smoothie – you’ll be good to go. The consistency should up end like a gloopy milk shake that tastes like cinnamon vanilla. Yum, right?!
We pulled the recipe directly from the Well To Do London website so that you can get all of the gushy details! Without further ado…
- 3 CUBES OF ICE
- 1 TEASPOON ACAI POWDER: Acai is a Brazilian fruit and a potent antioxidant that boosts energy and digestion.
- 1 TEASPOON GOJI BERRY: Grown in the Himalayas, goji berries have been used in Chinese medicine for centuries as a powerful antioxidant that improves circulation. They contain vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, and E, all of which contribute to better-looking skin.
- 1 TEASPOON CHIA SEEDS: Hailing from South America and having been used consistently in Aztec and Mayan diets, chia seeds are one of the richest plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s help make up the cell membrane that allows nutrients to enter the skin cells. Think of them as the nightclub bouncer, responsible for letting a queue of nutrients inside.
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND FLAXSEED: Flaxseed provides more omegas, in particular alpha linoleic acid, which keeps the skin and hair hydrated. The human body doesn’t naturally create omega-3 fats, so you need to get them from your diet.
- 1 TEASPOON RAW CACAO POWDER: This is not the same as throwing a bar of chocolate into the blender! Raw cacao is not the same as cocoa. Cacao still tastes good though, and is packed with skin-friendly magnesium, vitamin C, and omega-6 fatty acids that increase blood flow and promote cellular healing.
- 1 TEASPOON GREENS: You can find powdered greens at most health stores, but the key ingredient we’re talking about is chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the green pigment in plants and veggies that harnesses the sun’s energy in photosynthesis. It fights free radicals, improves oxygen supply, and helps remove toxins, all of which equals much clearer, younger skin.
- 1 TEASPOON MACA ROOT: Maca is a plant that has been harvested in the Andes Mountains in Peru for 3,000 years. Along with numerous health benefits, it is known to reduce acne and blemishes.
- 2 WALNUTS: These reduce breakout-causing acidity in the diet.
- SPRINKLE OF CINNAMON: Besides smelling like Christmas, cinnamon balances your blood sugar levels and fights off sugar cravings.
- 1/2 CUP COCONUT WATER: Antioxidants and cytokinins present in coconut water have an age-defying effect on skin, plus it’s full of electrolytes, which makes it a more hydrating drink than water. Make sure you buy the raw, unsweetened variety.
- 1/2 CUP ALMOND MILK, UNSWEETENED: A great alternative to dairy, which can cause breakouts for a lot of people, almond milk is full of nutrients like vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) and E, which hydrate cells and protect the skin from sun damage, respectively.
(Borrowed from welltodolondon.com)
Smoothie Benefits Include…
- Increases energy levels
- Promotes healthy and glowing skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles, etc.
- Hydrates skin
- Improves metabolism and digestion
- Promotes cellular healing